Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Matter of Perspective

One day I was walking down the aisle of medical supplies at Target and heard a loud moan.  I turned around and saw a lanky, elderly man who looked distressed.

Concerned, I asked, "Can I help you?"

"I can't find gloves.  My vision isn't good," he replied.

"What kind of gloves do you need?"

"I'm looking for plastic gloves.  The gloves are like elastic and slip easily on my hands."

"Let me check the shelves."

I searched up and down the aisle, finally finding gloves on the lowest shelf just above the floor.

"Here are your gloves.  How many boxes do you want?"

"Oh, thank you.  Just one will do."

The gentleman laughed, "What I want is on shelves that are too low."

I replied, "What I usually want is on shelves that are too high.  We need to follow each other around the store.  You can reach what I need."

He laughed again.  I did too.

Life in the kingdom is sometimes a matter of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment